16 November 2009

Music...Makes The People...Come Together

I like listening to music. And some of the things I listen to aren't really mainstream. Some things I listen to don't make it into the Top 40, or probably even the Top 200. But I like it. Sometimes it energizes me and sometimes I just relate to it and relax. Now don't get me wrong, I still love me some Ne-Yo, Jill Scott, etc. I love alot of mainstream. But tonight, I'd like to share with you 15 songs that you may have never heard (maybe slightly indie) that completely rock my world.

1. Today Has Been Okay by Emiliana Torrini
2. Hold You In My Arms by Ray LaMontagne
3. Destination Vertical by Masha Qrella
4. The Garden by Mirah
5. With The Notes In My Ear by Peter Broderick
6. A Storm Is Going To Come by Piers Faccini
7. Doorway by IO Echo
8. Turn And Turn Again by All Thieves
9. Koop Island Blues by Koop Island
10. Feeling Good by My Brightest Diamond
11. Liar by 8mm
12. Genesis by Justice
13. Hip Hip Chin Chin by Club Des Belugas
14. On Board by Friendly Fires
15. Billie Jean by The Lost Fingers

If you are interested in hearing any of the above songs, just let me know! I'll make you a CD(seriously). And because I love music so much, I'm offering a giveaway! Well, here's the thing. Most of you either don't read my blog or if you do, you don't offer words of love in the form of comments. So if you are reading, we'll find out. I'd love to giveaway a $10 iTunes giftcard. If enough people participate, then I'll do a random drawing on November 23rd of the people that comment on this blog. So 10 (or more) people for $10 (and you have to be a follower)! If not, well then hopefully you'll still want to share in my love of music and want to listen to the above 15. Either way, think about it.... :-)

10 comments:

  1. I comment all the time, but sometimes my comments don't stick. I hope this one makes it!

    I'm a faithful follower and read your journal at least one a week to catch up on all the LaLosch I've been missing. I'm glad to see that you are well and still the cheerful, hilarious Lexi that I miss from Ai.

    Hope the rest of your family is well and I hope you can get enough comments to try that gift idea out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, I can honestly say I have NEVER heard any of those songs... :

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love music. I'd like to hear these if that's cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard all these songs in almost the exact order you listed them on the radio the other day. The bad news is, right after the last song played, I crashed my car into a gas pump. So, needless to say, I think I deserve this $10 iTunes giftcard out of pity. Because I now smell like gas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unlike Craig I haven't heard a single one of these songs. But I'd be interested in hearing one ot two or all of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, I know the modern version of one song and you know that I love my music.. Can we get KID BOP!! Chicken Noodle soup with a sandwich on the side. LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't Genesis with Phil Collins?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Genesis was Phil Collins' band. As far as I know, they never had a self-titled song. The song "Genesis" by Justice is different.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So, does it mean I'm a loser because I don't know any of those singers/bands, and I have never heard any of those songs before?

    Granted, I'm not that big of a music person, and I can't listen to Pandora anymore (thanks for nothing, Canada), but still... I didn't think I was quite that out of touch.

    ReplyDelete